Exciting world first water ride Tropical Cyclone has arrived.
Fresh from her triumph at the London Paralympic Games, Ellie commented, “Center Parcs Elveden Forest was where I first learnt to swim so it’s a really special place for me and my family. The new water ride is amazing and the drop really gets your pulse racing. I have lots of memories here at Center Parcs so it’s great to be part of the opening.”
The world-first Tropical Cyclone sees two award-winning water rides joined together for the very first time. Guests staying at Elveden Forest can experience a series of exciting twists, turns and drops in a four-person clover-shaped raft reaching speeds of up to 30mph. Take a look at our photo gallery and video for a first look at our new water ride.
Interesting Tropical Cyclone facts and figures:
• Riders will experience this unique ride as a family in a four-person clover-shaped raft
• Riders will reach speeds of up to 30mph
• The Tropical Cyclone spans over 200 metres in length
• The water ride can take up to 720 rafters per hour – that’s 12 per minute
• The water flow reaches 25,000 litres per minute
• The water temperature inside the ride is a tropical 30 degrees Celsius
• The top of the water ride stands at 18m tall - that’s the equivalent height of an English oak tree
• 45 degree drop
• Zero gravity up to four times