As far as you know, the following apply to all Insured Persons.
1. You are not aware of any reason why the holiday may be cancelled or curtailed or of any medical condition which could result in a claim.
2. Where You are undergoing medical treatment as a hospital in-patient or out-patient at the date the final cost of the holiday is due to be paid, medical advice must be sought to confirm Your ability to travel and endure the holiday.
3. Where You have received medical treatment as a hospital in-patient or out-patient during the 6 months prior to the booking of the holiday, You must obtain medical advice that You are fit to take the holiday.
4. You are not receiving or waiting for treatment for an illness or injury, as any claim arising directly or indirectly from this illness, injury or treatment will not be covered.
5. You are not travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner or for the purposes of obtaining medical treatment or where a terminal prognosis has been given.