For your peace of mind we have two insurance products, both are arranged by Insure & Go Insurance Services Limited and underwritten by MAPFRE Asistencia trading under the name MAPFRE Assistance. These policies are only available to persons permanently resident in the United Kingdom and are only available for stays at a Center Parcs UK Village.
These policies may only be taken at the time of booking, however if you have a serious medical condition that may benefit from being insured by a specialist provider, view this directory of specialist medical providers, or call 0800 138 7777.
CANCELLATION/CURTAILMENT INSURANCE - View Insurance Policy Wording
An emergency can occasionally make the best laid holiday plans go awry. It is bad enough to have to cancel or cut short your holiday, but even worse to still have to pay for it. In summary, this insurance refunds all of your deposit or holiday cost (except the insurance premium and the first £75, or in the case of deposit only claims, the insurance premium only) if you have to cancel your holiday because of one or more of the reasons given below during the policy period:
- a member of your party, or a close relative or business associate suffers a serious (and at the time of making your booking not pre-existing) illness, accident or death
- your medical practitioner advised that you are not fit to travel because you are suffering from complications of pregnancy or childbirth (providing you are not beyond certain time limitations specified in the policy wording)
- a member of your party is made involuntarily redundant (after 2 years continuous employment)
- a member of your party is called for Jury Service or as a witness in a court of law in the UK
- a fire, storm, flood or burglary at your home or place of business or any member of Your party’s home or place of business, within 48 hours before the date you planned to leave and you are required by a relevant public authority to remain there.
- a member of the party serving in HM Forces or emergency services is subject to an unforeseen posting for operational reasons (other than those arising from war or similar hostilities)
If you have to cut short your holiday in the same circumstances the cost of lost days would be refunded. If two or more families are staying in a single unit of accommodation and one family have to cut short their holiday, a claim may be made by the family even if the other family stays in the unit of accommodation for the remainder of the holiday. Should an insured event occur and you wish to claim under the Insurance, you must satisfy the following:
If making a cancellation, you must:
- contact our Cancellations Desk on 0344 826 7724, as soon as an event giving rise to your claim occurs.
If cutting short your holiday, you must:
- vacate the unit of accommodation, unless two families are sharing the accommodation as described previously
- report the circumstances to the Guest Services before you leave, and obtain written confirmation of your early departure
- contact our Cancellations Desk on 0344 826 7724, as soon as possible and certainly within 14 days of returning home
- provide written confirmation before you leave the Village from a medical practitioner, if you have to cut your holiday short for medical reasons
COMBINED INSURANCE - View Insurance Policy Wording
In addition to the above, this insurance provides the following cover for you and each person sharing your villa/lodge/apartment from the time you leave home until you return from your holiday.
- Personal Property: up to £1,500 (excluding the first £50). The limit of cover for any one article is £300. Valuables are limited to £300 in all
- Personal Money: up to £200 (excluding the first £50). The limit of cover for persons under 16 is £50
- Personal Liability: up to £2,000,000 for your legal expenses and your legal liability. This includes cover for any liability for damage to your villa/lodge/apartment or its contents (excluding the first £50)
- Missed Departure: up to £250 for hotel and travelling expenses incurred in reaching your booked destination if you miss your departure
- Personal Accident: Permanent total disablement: £15,000 (not applicable for those under 16 years and over 70 years). Death: £10,000 (£1,500 for those under 16 years or over 70 years)
- Expenses: up to £1,000 for additional accommodation expenses for you or a relative/friend to stay with you and increased costs for you to return home or travel expenses incurred by a relative/friend travelling to or with you in the event of you becoming ill or injured.
This insurance is underwritten by MAPFRE Asistencia Compañía Internacional de Seguros y Reaseguros, Sociedad Anonima. 5th Floor, Alpha House, 24a Lime Street, London EC3M 7HS. Company Number: FC021974. Branch Number BR008042. Trading under the name MAPFRE Assistance.
We (MAPFRE Asistencia) are authorised by the Dirección General de Seguros y Fondos de Pensiones and are subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority are available on request.
MAPFRE Asistencia Compañía Internacional de Seguros y Reaseguros, S.A. branch in the United Kingdom (trading as MAPFRE Assistance) has registered offices at 5th Floor, Alpha House, 24a Lime Street, London EC3M 7HS. MAPFRE Asistencia main office is based in Spain which forms part of the EEA (European Economic Area) as a member state. The Kingdom of Spain is responsible for controlling the insurance activity of MAPFRE Asistencia S.A., through the Spanish Ministry of Economy and the Treasury, and specifically the General Directorate for Insurance Matters and Pensions Fund (Dirección General de Seguros y Fondos de Pensiones). Its branch in the United Kingdom is also under the United Kingdom FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) and PRA (Prudential Regulation Authority) supervision in certain situations according to the European Union Regulation.
As far as you know, at the time of taking out this insurance, the following apply:
- You are not aware of any reason why the holiday may be cancelled or curtailed or of any medical condition which could result in a claim.
- Where any member of the party are undergoing medical treatment as a hospital in-patient or out-patient at the date the final cost of the holiday is due to be paid, medical advice must be sought to confirm your ability to travel and endure the holiday.
- Where any member of the party have received medical treatment as a hospital in-patient or out-patient during the 6 months prior to the booking of the holiday, you must obtain medical advice that they are fit to take the holiday.
- Any member of the party are not receiving or waiting for medical tests or treatment for any medical condition or set of symptoms that have not been diagnosed, as any claim arising directly or indirectly from the medical tests or treatment will not be covered.
- Any member of the party are not travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner or for the purposes of obtaining medical treatment or where a terminal prognosis has been given
We must draw your attention to important features of your policy including.
Policy documents & cover provided
You should read the documents carefully. They give you full details of what is and is not covered and the conditions of the cover. The descriptions given here are outlines only. Full statements of cover for the appropriate policy will be sent with your Confirmation, but copies are available in advance on request from Reservations.
Conditions, exclusions & warranties
Conditions and exclusions will apply to the individual sections of your policy; general exclusions and conditions will also apply to the whole of your policy.
Your policy contains restrictions regarding pre-existing medical problems concerning the health of the people travelling and of other people upon whose health the holiday may depend. Please read your policy carefully.
Your policy does not cover you for any dangerous activities which are not organised by Center Parcs.
These claims are paid on the value of the goods at the time you lost them and not on a 'new for old' replacement cost basis.
Policy limits and excesses
These apply and are outlined above.
You need to take all reasonable care to protect yourself and your property.
"Cooling off" period
You may, if you wish, cancel these policies by writing to us, enclosing the Confirmation, within 14 days of receiving your Confirmation unless you have made a claim within this period.
Tax and law
The premiums per unit of accommodation shown above, include Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current rate of 20%. We have the right to pass on any increase in IPT, on behalf of MAPFRE Assistance, should the rate be increased. Your policy is governed by English law.
For all claims, you must follow the instructions on the claim form and provide appropriate written evidence in support of your claim (at your own expense) as soon as it is available.