It looks like we do not support the current browser you are using or private browsing is turned on. For the best experience as you journey through our website, we recommend you use one of our supported browsers with private browsing turned off.
Today, 14th July 2014, is a very special day for Longleat Forest as it celebrates its 20th birthday. Two decades after first opening, the spot in Wiltshire was our third Center Parcs to be built in the UK and has since been the short break destination for more than six million guests.
In the 7,300 consecutive days that Longleat Forest has been open, thousands of activities have been enjoyed, millions of meals have been eaten and millions of Lodges have been slept in. Also during the past 20 years:
• There have been 1.8m bikes hired from the Cycle Centre
• Three million children’s meals have been served in our restaurants
• The Pancake House have served 3m pancakes which, if stacked, would reach more than 38,000ft high – 10,000ft higher than Mount Everest
• Archery arrows have been fired far enough to reach the moon from Earth
• The Land Train that takes guests around the Village has covered 900,000 miles – that’s almost equivalent to 36 times around the equator!
Longleat Forest General Manager Andy De'Ath says: "Longleat Forest is still as popular today as it was on the day it opened and I’d like to thank my team for all their hard work and dedication over the years to make Longleat Forest a popular choice with our guests. We now have a team of more than 1,300 staff; 32 have been with us since day one!"
If you are visiting Longleat Forest between 14th and 20th of July 2014 get involved in the celebrations at the Village Square and share your photos with us on Facebook
You can book a Center Parcs break for a three-night weekend (Friday-Monday), four-night midweek (Monday-Friday) or seven-nights (starting Monday or Friday). Breaks over the festive period may vary from this pattern.